Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Did Adam & Eve have trust issues?

I am reading "The Divine Conspiracy" by Dallas Willard. On page 23 he says that we (through Adam and Eve) mistrusted God and fell away from our divine purpose. This concept of not trusting as a new creation is startling. Even though nothing had been kept from them but this one fruit. Even though they walked and talked with Him. They mistrusted Him.

Did they not trust His motives? They had to see that He was able to do. Why didn't they trust Him? For me when someone acts like they don't trust me I take personal affront to it, even if they have reason to mistrust me. But here without cause they mistrusted. Humans seem to be hard wired to mistrust anyone who keeps anything away from them. Total disclosure is the only trusting relationship, and then there is always the nagging feeling that something may have been held back.

Oh, well.

No comments: